Thursday, October 05, 2006

Gimme a fucking break would ya?

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Saturday night saw the end of one of our wait staff. A frail, petite white boy in the masters program for jazz at F.S.U. he couldn't handle the "pressure". So, fine whatever.

Yesterday morning, new girl in the kitchen calls in.
"I have a 102 degree temp I'm at my moms house we are waiting to go to the hospital."

Ok. Fine, whatever.

Around 2 she calls back. I have to have an emergency apendectomy.

Ok.

At 3:30 our remaining two wait staff Ana and Rob hit shift change, Rob comes in Ana goes on break for a couple of hours untill 5:30.

5 minutes after she leaves she calls Jeff.

"I quit. I'm never stepping foot in that place again. I'd rather flip burgers."

WTF?!?!

WHY?!?!?!

"I can't tell you. gimme a couple of days to put my thoughts together and I will call you and let you know why."

Fuck you. We are short EVERYBODY and now you quit!?!? FUCK YOU LADY!!!!! And if you don't have the balls to give me a reason now fuck off. Don't call back I don't want to hear your bullshit excuse. Fuck off and die.

What's weird is and this not something you will usually hear/read me say is: I didn't see this one coming. No one did.

For what it's worth I thought of her as a friend and so did Jeff.

So now there is myself, jeff, and rob, until
A: Kitchen girl is recouperated.
b: we get another set of wait staff.
c: I say fuck it and go live in a yurt.

Livin the life baby, livin the life.

Back to the Kitchen

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. Sounds like a return to the days of "he who must not be named," at least as regards personnel numbers. Please don't go live in a yurt. Or if you do, keep on chef'in (?!) and come to SA.

Maybe you've seen these, but if not, perhaps they'll cheer you up, if you ever have time to look at them. These are hilarious (at least, Bill and I think so).

Yacht Rock

Give my regards to your co-conspirators--those who are still there, anyway.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Chef: That sucks. People today! Come and go as they please. Think there are no consequences to their actions. Totally irresponsible.

Payback for the little Princess will be cold and painful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home