Monday, September 18, 2006

Things that have made me happy lately

I tend to be a grumpy, ill-tempered guy for the most part and it hhas been awhile since I posted anything about things that have made me smile.
So here are few things that have made my day recently.

1: A preadoption shelter cat who crawled up my chest sat on my shoulder and started licking my ear. Tears of laughter were streaming down my face. We now have said kitty. :)

2: Going to Atlanta next weekend for a food show. One of my oldest and dearest friends lives there and is finding suitable restaurant to dine at. :)

3: Trouble: "You know when the Drama-Princess talks about you, she calls you her stepdad" :)

4: My boss back from Italy sitting at the bar observing me running a busy night with more or less a whole new staff on the phone with his girlfriend and not knowing I could hear him said. "You know I told you I was concerened about 'The Chef'. Well it was unfounded, he's doing an amazing job." :) this one meant a lot because, he like me, tends not to praise much. If you are hearing from he or I it is not something you really want. Though I am working on that.

5: My girlfriend can cook. I can sit on my but with a glass of wine and know that she wont mess anything up in the food department. That's very nice. I have NEVER had that. :)

6: 2 nights ago Trouble and I were sitting on her back deck drinking wine about 1:30 a.m. Walter jumps up and runs off into the woods towards a scurrying sound. There is a loud CRACK and he has killed a possum. He is so proud of his hunter/gatherer skills he brings it to show us. He's a sweet boy. :)

7: Laying on the couch with trouble all wrapped up together watching Rome or Deadwood.

Back to the Kitchen

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Trouble said...

There really is nothing like the sound of snapping bones, is there? ;)

I love you, baby.

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes me happy to know my homies are happy.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger ChowderHead said...

I'm glad there are things that make you happy Chef.

You'ver got an excellent list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home