Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A descision has been made.

It's 10 till 4 a.m. I can't sleep.
Returned home from a fantastic weekend in Atlanta.
Spent a lot of wonderful time with friends Wright and Dennis. Ate some incredible food. Drank a lot of magnificent wine. Had some intense and hysterical conversations.

Food show. Eh.

On the drive back I made the decision.
2 years from now I will have my own place open to the public.

Going to write up the business proposal and start begging for backing. I have already been offered backing from a couple of sources.

Called my brother on the way back down and told him. A near 20 year stove-jockey, he will run my kitchen.

It will be the model I know best. A wine and cheese retail gourmet shop and a wine bar restaurant.

The name I am thinking of at this point is "Deux frères" two brothers.

It wont be a huge place. Small and intimate. Maybe 15 or so tables, and bar seating. Wine and beer, no licqour.

Menu will be small. Mostly tapas appz with a small selection of rotating entrees and specials.

Wine list will change about every 2 weeks.

Oddly, I'm not even wildly excited. In my mind it has already happend. And is the natural progression of the universe that it come to pass.

By fiat I will create this reality.

So let it be written
So let it be done.

Chefinator
27-09-06
4:10 a.m.


Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Back to the Kitchen

6 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Blogger Evil Minx said...

Outstanding, Chef. All power to you.

It sounds divine.

Am saving my pennies starting.... NOW!

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hail to the chef!

I'm sitting here drinking the Casillero del Diablo Carmenere 2004 and raising a toast to you, my friend.

I returned from Orlando yesterday, and this Friday I head back out to Austin. Yee-haw.

High and warm regards as always,
Wright

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

Hi Chef. Congratulations. I assume the sheer giddyness will hit you shortly. I am attempting to learn about wine as we speak. I don't even know the basics. If I ever go to Florida would def like to meet you and The Missus.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Chef said...

Minxy: Thanks doll!

Wright: Ahh drink up my friend. Enjoy the family time in Austin.

Fairmaiden: Thanks! I don't know about giddyness, but I do know my brain can't stop trying to make everything happen right this second. Anything you want to know about wine feel free to ask :)
Come to florida you gotta a place to crash a place to eat and wine to drink.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger ChowderHead said...

Chef: Good luck. It sounds like you've been thinking about this for a while.

Your current position is giving you experience out of the kitchen. So you'll be prepared for this.

I'm betting you'll be fine. How many days & counting until the opening?

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

Chef,

Thank you. That is kind and appreciated. I mean that. Maria

 

Post a Comment

<< Home